1. Information about us
The Site is owned and operated by Momentum Financial Technology Limited ("we", "our", "us"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 06909772 and have our registered office and principal trading address at 10 Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL. Our VAT number is GB117771212.
2. Accessing the Site
Access to the Site is not guaranteed; from time to time we will withdraw or amend the content and service provided on the Site without notice. We will not be liable if the Site or any content is unavailable at any time for any reason. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, including to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site, and for ensuring that everyone who accesses our Site through your internet connection is aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
3. Prohibited uses
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is defamatory, contains any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, promotes sexually explicit material, promotes violence, promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person, is likely to deceive any person, be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence, promote any illegal activity, be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person, be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, gives the impression that it emanates from us, advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site; as described in clause 5;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the technology used on our Site.
4. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server/servers on which our Site or any part of it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
5. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
By submitting a contribution to the Site for public display, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, transferable and worldwide licence to use that contribution for any purpose. Although you will still own the copyright in your contribution, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your contribution. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material. Please note that this clause and the licence in it only applies to content you contribute for public display, such as article comments, and not to any other information you input in order to use the Site.
6. Reliance on information posted
Contributions, articles, commentary and other materials posted on our Site are provided for general information only. Our content is not, and should not be construed as, financial or other professional advice. You should not rely on the information on our Site as the sole basis for a financial decision. We provide information to help you make your own decisions. If in doubt, you should seek professional advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Site and some related emails include third-party advertisements. The appearance of an advert does not mean that we endorse the advertiser's goods or services. Whilst we will not knowingly run an advert that is untrue, we are not responsible for the accuracy of any advertising material or the usefulness of an advertised product or service.
In some areas of our Site you will find product listings. Some of the product providers may have paid us to promote their products and services to you. We do not recommend one product provider over another and these product listings are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all providers of a particular financial product. It is up to you to decide whether what they offer is right for you or whether you should look elsewhere. Accordingly, we specifically disclaim all liability for any damage or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of a product provider’s product or included in our product listings.
7. Our Site changes regularly
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
8. Our liability
The material displayed on our Site is provided for general information purposes only, without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, any other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
9. Information about you and your visits to our Site
10. Linking to and from our Site
You may link to our Site, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with any content standards set out in these terms. Our Site must not be framed on any other site.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Momentum Financial Technology Limited, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss any of them may incur (including, without limitation, solicitors' fees) as a result of any breach by you of your obligations under these Terms.
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.
14. General Issues
No text or information set forth on any other purchase order, pre-printed form or document or any other verbal representation or warranty shall add to or vary these Terms. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the invalid or unenforceable provision(s), with all other provisions remaining in full force and effect. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of these Terms or use of the Site. Our failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. These Terms comprise the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
15. Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
How we are regulated
Momentum is a trading style of Momentum Financial Technology Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 561538).
The information provided on momentum.co.uk is for general information purposes only. It is not, and should not be construed as, financial or other professional advice. We recommend you that you do not solely rely on the information you find here as it is not detailed or comprehensive enough to enable you to make an informed decision without speaking to an independent adviser. The information on this website should be used as a first step in conducting your own research. We recommend you speak to an independent financial adviser before choosing any products or implementing changes to your finances.